Saturday, December 1, 2007

"Yes snickered the devil, but i have all the umpires!"

TO be born innately evil? well that would suck. I have to say from my years of baby-sitting, i am sure that some babies are born evil.
Ha.
But on a serious note, i think to define good and evil is dangerous territory. Who is to say what is good, or what is evil? God?
Whose god? What makes a Christian's God more moral or good than a pagans? Sure there are things that seem completely immoral, but if I had grown up in a radically patriarchal society, I cannot be sure that I would think that for a man to beat or rape his wife as punishment was wrong? If things are truly "evil" or immoral that that would mean that mankind was born with gages for it and therefore... born "good"? There is no way to be sure with out completely removing all outside influences. All humans are born knowing is what makes them happy, and what makes them feel pain, and from that stems morals: good and evil.I know what is "right" and what is "wrong" because of what I am taught, and it makes me passionate about it. The morality is ingrained in me, but I wasn't born that way, no one is.

No comments: